Almost every time we plan a trip to Puerto Penasco, Sonora, our friends will ask, “What do you do down there, anyway? Just sit around on the beach?” Our answer: “There’s so much activity!” We proceed to list a host of activity options. Here are just a few of these pastimes in pictures:
1. Talk a morning walk with a friend or two
2. Search for seashells to add to your collection.
3. Look for creative ways to photograph a sunset
4. Take a relaxing drift on a ‘lazy river’
5. Spend quality time with family
6. Kick up your heels along the surf
7. Enjoy delectable dishes from the Sea of Cortez
8. Purchase refreshments without leaving the shade of your palapa
9. Capture some lifelong memories for your scrapbook
10. Make a list of ‘things to do’ at the beach:
Watch a sunset, bury yourself in the sand, build a sand castle, watch for dolphins, fly a kite, read a book, listen to music, wiggle your toes in the sand, draw messages in the sand, watch pelicans and gulls, take a ride on a horse, Jet Ski, banana boat or an Ultralight, go boating, fishing or body surfing, watch a sunrise, paddle through the waves in a kayak or a stand-up board, snorkel, get a massage, shop for jewelry, pottery, blankets, wood carvings, or souvenirs such as “your name on a grain of rice.”
11. Know that sitting around on the beach doing not much of anything is perfectly fine, too.